Friday, May 2, 2008

Opening day

Greetings fellow adventurers. So here we are- 12 days out. It has been such a crazy journey to this point. What a beautiful thing, to witness the answered prayers that have led me here. I remember back in October begging God to show me where he wanted me to go. It was a little uncertain for a while there but it soon became clear where I was supposed to go. It would have been worth it if joining this trip only led me to meet the people this trip has placed in my path so far. God's blessed us with an incredible group of people that he binds together through His perfect will and timing. Mark and Beth- continuing the legacy I had only heard about- have been nothing short of spirit led. They pour in so much hard work and love into this trip and the people it involves and I thank God for putting such examples in my life.
Soon after I became a definite part of the team I started praying for my own spiritual development. I want to be the disciple of Christ God wants me to be. And although it can be scary(knowing that it will happen), I ask for Him to make me into His servant. God has been working on this prayer since before I left the womb. But after I started praying for growth for the sake of this trip, God revealed himself more and more, showing me just how much he can transform me if I'm willing to be shaped.
More later, I must now get some rest so I can begin packing for the trip of a lifetime. Thank you God for putting me here.

2 comments:

Cara said...

WOO!! I can't wait to read updates!!!

Anonymous said...

If it is possible, you will be an even more amazing person when you return!!!