Friday, May 30, 2008

hello readers,
I really wanted to share some of the things that have been going on lately. We've been meeting with school chaplains this past week to set up times we could come into schools to work with children. The meetings went really well and we would have started Monday except our Monday meeting was just canceled because the programs we were going to work with are being pushed back. But hopefully Tuesday is still on. We'll be working under the chaplains there talking to kids and making friends and inviting them to the camps we host when the larger Lipscomb team gets here. I forget sometimes that there will be a team coming and it makes me really excited. The more people the better. On Tuesday we met with a chaplain in the morning. He told us to come back for another meeting later in the day when kids from the school could be there. Rachel and I had a few hours to kill so we grabbed lunch and went to a part nearby. We were just laying in the grass enjoying the abundant Aussie sunshine when I woman with a small boy came to play on the swings close to where we were. I went over to say hi and she recognized my accent so we got to talking about from where and why I had come. I turned out she was a Christian too. She was a Lebanese woman who comes from a family of all Muslims. She had incredible stories to tell and was so refreshingly open about her faith and how she came to be where she is today because of God. I just love how God works. She told us she was very encouraged by meeting us in the park because there aren't a lot of Christians in Australia. I know I was greatly encouraged but I don't know how she was. Fortunately God knows what we need when we don't.
Well that's all for this update. We had both of our Saturday plans canceled so we're trying to make some last minute plans.

Peace

1 comment:

Cara said...

awesome!! that reminds me of a time there was a small group of us on a train and we met a woman... :)
love ya, robert!